This past Monday on RAW we saw the beginning of what looks like a “Triple H/Concussion” storyline on RAW. We also saw the beginning of what looks to be a significant push for Curtis Axel, the former Michael McGillicutty. By the time the night was over, I think it was pretty clear that neither one of these angles are going to work.
Curt Hawkins vs. Sami Zayn
<- Woah, Curt Hawkins sighting! Interesting side note, Hawkins new ring gear was actually made by a local New York Mets fan-run clothing designer similar to what Barber Shop Window does for wrestling.
<- This is the WWE TV debut for Zayn and I’m interested to see how he works with a guy who’s been working the WWE-style for a long time now.
<- Nice Steamboat-esque armdrags from Zayn.
– I apologize if I miss some of the show tonight, I’m sneaking a glimpse while at work. Sssshhhhh….
– Nice way to address the sudden media blitz about the fire. Just mention it and move on.
– CM Punk is still getting the cheers many thought he would have lost after dropping The Rock last week. Love the indian style sit on the announce table.
– Everything he said about Raw, the WWE Champion and WWE Championship are all true and should be.
– Bringing Big Show out right away makes me think they’re going to let the fans decide whether or not to cheer for CM Punk.
– Cena might be getting booed out of the building but I LOVE Cena coming out to his old-school music and gear. Awesome.
– Holy sh*t they are letting Cena go off. The “pectoral” and Diva shots especially seemed to come out of nowhere.
– Ok, Cole… no more mention of the word “attitude-nal”. Not only is it not a word but it’s a very bad attempt at subliminally eluding to the Attitude Era.