Xscape Match: Christian York vs. Matt Bentley vs. Alex Silva vs. Sam Shaw vs. Lince Dorado vs. Puma vs. Jimmy Rave
– Solid opener with the predictable spot-fest. Another good showcase main roster member Christian York also.
“New School vs Old School”: Tony Nese and Rashad Cameron vs. Douglas Williams and Kid Kash
– Williams and Kash pick up the win. Nothing too special here except that Niese made a strong case for himself getting another look from the 2 major companies.
So let me start out by saying I had this whole elaborate, end of the year, top matches editorial laid out, complete with audio and visual aids. After 3 days of working it almost non-stop, everything was deleted. I’m talking videos, interviews about certain matches, my analysis of those matches… everything! And as much as I love you all and love what I do, I’m not going through that hell again. Therefore here’s the new plan. Below you’ll find MY personal rankings of the top ten PPV-ONLY wrestling matches of 2012. First you’ll get to see my initial commentary on the match when it took place from my original review of the show and then I’ll be adding what I think of the match now and how it ranks among the best of the year. Please feel free to comment, disagree, rank your own top ten and generally have fun with the article. Like I said before, these are MY top ten as how I see them placed among the litany of matches in 2012. Yours will probably be totally different.
Now onto number 10…
– I really don’t know which is worse… DOC or Festus?
– As much as we all may knock TNA for their creativity, their work w/the Red Cross is to be commended.
– Wow they’re really going with the new commentator for a 3 way booth & not Borash? Is Mike Tenay retiring?
– Did I just hear Tenay mention Ring of Honor? Its about time! Too bad he didn’t bring it up during one of the MANY Joe/Styles/Daniels matches.
– So how many other people are feeling a Sting heel turn tonight?
– It’s really hard for me to sit here during RVD vs Zema Ion. That said, surprisingly good match so far.
– Um what ever happened to the X-Division’s weight limit? I had no idea this was a title match!
– Something about the name of the “Aces & Eights Clubhouse” makes me picture an adventure on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse instead of a biker gang.
– Wow I never thought Hogan would voice his feelings about Devon live on Impact. That’s stroke.
– Why is it such a shock that Sting is on Impact?
– I like how they are really trying to sell Kurt Angle & AJ Styles as a committed team and not two main eventers thrown together. This gives TNA a reason to keep both men out of the World title picture while also giving the TNA Tag Team Titles a chance to regain some prestige.
– It’s amazing how much Shaq loves wrestling. How has the WWE not discussed putting him in the Hall of Fame yet? Surely he’s done as much as anyone else in the “Celebrity Wing”.
– As much as I would love to see AJ Styles in the main event picture, pairing him with Kurt Angle still keeps at a relatively high level.
– Remember the classic matches Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit had against Chavo and Eddie Guerrero? Yea, this match is not going to be anywhere near the same level.
– I do think it’s pretty funny that with all the Aces and Eights drama going on, Hulk Hogan finds Daniels and Kaz so annoying that he just likes messing with them.
– I really cannot believe that we have another superhero to deal with in pro-wrestling. SuperHardy is only going to get worse.
– While Austin Aries vs Jeff Hardy might be an entertaining match, its not a Bound For Glory main event. I don’t know, I’m just not looking forward to it.
– Am still shocked that neither Bully Ray or James Storm are in the BFG main event.
– How is it official!? NO ONE BOOKED THE MATCH! But to Mike Tenay that makes it official.