Colin Delaney vs. Mark Briscoe
– Well this is a blast from the horrible past of WWECW! Colin’s definitely put on some meat and muscle since he’s been on TV. Too bad it looks like he’s still in the same spot on the card – to do the job.
– Random “Daniel Bryan” chant… I guess because Delaney now looks vaguely like Bryan? I don’t really know.
– Mark Briscoe wins with a frogsplash top-rope elbow in a glorified enhancement match.
: Fandango has a chance to mix with some WWE veterans other than Chris Jericho, instead he just becomes a spectator between the two guys fighting over the Intercontinental Title for way too many months.
The Miz v. Wade Barrett Intercontinental Champion
: The Miz and Wade Barrett’s feud should have fizzled out the night after WrestleMania, it hasn’t; but adding Fandango into the mix should be a nice way to freshen up this feud. Continue Reading
1. It’s something subtle but giving Ryback a promo on top of an expensive prop like an ambulance really makes him seem like a bigger star in the fans eyes. Not everyone does something like that and while he still needs a lot of work in the promo delivery department, this is a small step in the ring direction for a guy who’s heel character soured quickly. I also like that he dropped the leather jacket for a “Stone Cold” vest. A guy as massive as he is shouldn’t be wearing a thick coat as part of his gimmick. But please ditch “Ryback Rules”… it truly is one of the worst catchphrases in recent memory.
2. Chris Jericho might be the “Man Of 1,004 Holds” but Wade Barrett is the man of 1,000 theme songs. And they’re all bad. The scary part is that they seem to be getting worse as time goes on.
1. This is the first time I’ve been able to see the new preshow and the idea is growing on me. I like the idea of using different superstars/legends every time & also the fact that it doesn’t seem to be scripted at all. It allows some of the better talkers to show what they can do when not handed a script from a writer. I’m intrigued to see who is on future shows and who sinks or swims. That being said, there’s no way in hell I’m staying awake for a PPV post-show. For a company who already knows they have too much programming, why the hell would they add more?!
2. Dean Ambrose vs Kofi Kingston was one of the best matches of the year thus far. The only time the match’s paced slowed was when Ambrose locked on the classic Bob Backlund “Crossface Chicken Wing”. The ground game of Ambrose played off of Kingston’s aerial moves perfectly and the finish clean! A heel actually won a championship cleanly! Great match and great chemistry between these two wrestlers and I recommend going out of your way to see these match when you can.
Hello everyone. I’m back this week after taking a short hiatus last week. Sometimes, you just need to take a break and re-charge your batteries. Plus, it doesn’t help when there is nothing really new to write about when it comes to the WWE. And you know what? There still is nothing. The WWE seems to be just treading water right now and stuck in neutral. There’s nothing new to write about. Until the WWE is willing to take chances and change their booking philosophies, then we are stuck with the current product. These 3 hour RAWs have been hard to get through recently.
So I’m going to look ahead in my crystal ball. My crystal ball that probably isn’t right, but it would be if I had any say. I’m looking ahead to the rest of 2013. Here, I will take a look at five feuds that I would like to see happen in the WWE this calendar year. The problem with three hour RAWs, however, is that we see a lot of wrestling on the show that lessens the impact of a feud down the line. Or, we see Kofi Kingston vs Dolph Ziggler for the 523897289 time. While the wrestling is good, it also over exposes the product and makes us see matches that could be built up to a PPV match if there wasn’t so much time to fill.
But enough complaining about 3 hour RAWs, let’s get into My 5 Feuds I Want To See This Year!
(Just an FYI, as much as I would have liked to watch Raw at a normal hour, I’m being a good citizen and watching the show “live” from 8-11p for all of you… Ok, seriously it was because I wasn’t home at 3pm this afternoon. I DID avoid reading anything today to stay spoiler free.)
1. That opening Undertaker package was something the WWE should have aired on EVERY SHOW at least twice for the last three weeks. The first Undertaker match on Raw in 3 YEARS! That’s absolutely insane. It’s kind of a shame it had to take place on a “live-to-tape” show though.
2. Very cool and expensive entrance for The Shield followed by yet another good promo from Ambrose and Rollins. The WWE is really attempting to build them up tonight as a threat to Team Hell No & especially The Undertaker. If they were smart, The Shield would go over AGAIN to maintain their legitimacy against Team Hell No for the tag team championships. The problem is, when a heel act usually gets this much attention & hype before a match, they’re the ones set up for the fall.