– Well this is a blast from the horrible past of WWECW! Colin’s definitely put on some meat and muscle since he’s been on TV. Too bad it looks like he’s still in the same spot on the card – to do the job.
– Random “Daniel Bryan” chant… I guess because Delaney now looks vaguely like Bryan? I don’t really know.
– Mark Briscoe wins with a frogsplash top-rope elbow in a glorified enhancement match.
“Best In The World” Main Event Announcement
– Nigel McGuinness announces Briscoe vs Briscoe for the PPV and they cheesily square-off until the American Wolves interrupt when Davey Richards says he’ll be the champion by the time the PPV rolls around.
– Steve Corino enters the ring and announces that Matt Hardy will represent S.C.U.M. in the title match they earned at the last PPV.
Cherry Bomb vs. MsChif
– Veda Scott cut a promo on MsChif that was actually pretty good, especially for an underdog promo.
– I feel like we’ve seen and heard about MsChif for at least a decade. It’s weird to think we haven’t seen her on a main stage yet.
– Some sloppy action to start off but a pretty sick looking camel clutch around the ropes by MsChif.
– Cherry Bomb’s not quite ready for ROH. Besides for a few strong spots, her gear looked amateurish, her selling stiff/not believable and believe it or not hit MsChif with a “missile dropkick” from the top rope to MsChif’s… knee. Zero elevation at all.
– Veda Scott distracted MsChif which let Bomb hit a DVD and get the surprising win. Pretty painful match to watch.
Roderick Strong vs. Taiji Ishimori
– Ishimori typically wrestles for NOAH so this is his US non-PPV TV debut.
– Ishimori’s speed is just incredible and Strong’s in-ring’s ability is always above par. He’s the type of wrestler who would have thrived when wrestling managers were commonplace.
– Ishimori hit a wicked DVD that he kept a hold of, turning it into a pinning combination and then a very tight shining wizard.
– Ishimori missed a 450 splash but landed on his feet, Strong hit a double knee gut buster but Ishimori followed up with a spiked hurricanrana.
– Ishimori finally picked up the win with the 450 splash. The match had a few slow spots in the middle wear the guys relied on rest holds but the finishing sequences absolutely made up for any downtime. Very good main event.