– Sorry for the lateness of the Quips. Raw starting at 8 is really screwing me.
– I see CM Punk is sporting the “Sheamus” beard. I wonder when the last time both World champions had the same facial hair…
– Still a HUGE CM Punk following considering his very heelish tactics the last few weeks. I just think it may be TOO hard to turn him at this point. Especially for the already anti-Cena crowd. Punk’s reaction in LA should be interesting since Cena usually gets a good response.
– John Cena seriously just came out to save CM Punk? There should have been MUCH more tension between those two.
– Well I guess JTG is at least on TV. Why do I feel like he’s going to get his walking papers this week?
– Liking Ryback’s newish music. Lyrics do make a lot of difference.
– Wow, “Feed Me More” is REALLY getting over. I never really expected the crowd to chant it during a match. Looking more and more like Ryback is going to be money. (Still hate his finisher. Every other move he did in the match was more impressive.)
– I think we’ll be seeing the end of the Milan Miracle’s US Title run on Sunday. It’s time for Cesaro to mean something and he’s definitely needs gold right now to get over.
– R-Truth vs. Heath Slater? I just dry heaved.
– Not one peep about A.W. missing. I understand it might be hard to work into the brief confrontation but he was a pretty big part of the team.
– Well, that was a weird Mark Henry segment. The meanest monster was smiling and glad handing a little too much.
– So wait, you have to Tweet a Tout? I’m confused.
– I’m actually hopeful Del Rio is out of the World title match at Summerslam. Hasn’t Sheamus defeated him cleanly at least 3 times?
– When is the Sin Cara lighting going to get old to Kevin Dunn and Vince McMahon? It’s ridiculously annoying.
– Woah, holy Sin Cara upset. And all so Tensai could beat up Sakamoto. Ugh…
– Roddy Piper went from being a very creative and intense legend to just a crazy ass old man!
– Jericho’s not even trying to be subtle anymore. EVERY promo has at least 3 classic catchphrases in it.
– Anyone else hoping Jericho brings back the long tights at Summerslam? And maybe some wacky facial hair?
– Who would have thought that a 3 hour Raw show would mean LESS backstage segments because WWE is incorporating Twitter more now?
– Jericho had to pop a little inside when he got to take a Rocker Dropper, even if it wasn’t from a Rocker.
– Since WHEN are ALL triple threat matches no dq? Cole is literally making things up as he goes.
– I like that Punk says he hasn’t changed or is “wearing a black hat” (becoming a heel). Punk’s character has always been one to believe whatever he does is the right thing to do. Therefore if he IS a “heel”, he wouldn’t think of himself as one. I love being able to dissect a character like this in pro-wrestling. It’s just been so damn long since I could!
– Some cryptic words from Punk in that exchange with Cena. Seems as if even if he doesn’t retain the WWE title, he’s got something planned for the close of Summerslam. But is the WWE title match closing the show or is Brock Lesnar vs Triple H?
– That had to be one of the longest video packages I’ve ever seen.
– I LOVE the visual of Daniel Bryan & the Big Show as a tag team.
– How the WWE hasn’t hired Cheerleader Melissa to team with Cheerleader Cena is beyond me.
– The signature move sequences were cute but it definitely wasn’t enough to sell the WWE title match at Summerslam. I think they would have had an easier and more creative time if Big Show wasn’t involved in the match at all. Liked how Cena didn’t shake Punk’s hand though, gave Punk another “out” for his heel motives.
– Punk has to either drop Triple H or Lesnar at the end of Summerslam. My guess is Triple H.
– Damien Sandow is damn smooth in that ring. A program with Christian could be pretty entertaining.
– Sandow vs Brodus Clay just makes me feel like I’m seeing The Model Rick Martel vs Akeem.
– I’m sad that this contract signing doesn’t involve CM Punk. Because that’s the only time they are entertaining.
– There haven’t been that many bad, old men ponytails in the ring at the same time in years.
– That was the strangest last half hour of Raw I’ve ever seen. I know they have to come up with new formulas for their shows but I would have HATED to have been there live. Nothing really happened in the ring for about 45 minutes! I don’t know, all but the WWE title program seemed to fall a bit short and this is the first 3 hour Raw that really dragged on and on.